ash seed earrings : large bunch
Ash seeds, also known as keys or samara, grow in great clusters on the tree. The seeds are thin with fine veining perfect for casting. These earrings are lightweight and airy with a feathery quality and playful movement. Cast from the actual plant in solid recycled metal preserving the unique nature of each plant to make truly true-to-nature jewelry.
Ash trees, genus Fraxinus, are disappearing across North America, they are plagued by the emerald ash borer. Each year it seems I lose another source for these lovely seeds.
- 5 seeds in each
- 2.5 to 3 inches long x .5 inch wide
- Shepard hooks and wires are sterling silver or gold plated sterling silver
- bronze, sterling silver, or gold vermeil
Please note: Due to the one-of-a-kind nature of the medium, exact colors and patterns may vary slightly from the image shown.
- SHIPPING/ RETURNS
• Bronze pendents on rhodium plated chain with clasp
• Silver pendants on sterling silver chain with clasp
• Gold Vermeil pendants on gold plated chains with a spring clasp
• Rings on sterling silver ring band
• Earring posts and hooks are sterling silver or gold plated
• A thick coat of 14k Gold plated over cast Sterling Silver.
• Please specify the chain length in your order
• all chains for bronze pendents are a 1.4mm rhodium plated chain with a lobster clasp
• 16 and 18 inch sterling silver chains are a 1.3 mm delicate sterling silver chain with spring clasp
• 20, 24, and 30 inch sterling silver chains are a 1.5mm sterling silver chain with a small lobster clasp
• adjustable and custom lengths are available- just add it to your order note
• Update your chain HERE
• Sizes 3-14 listed
• Whole and half available, make custom sizing request in the order notes
• One free resizing is included in ring order, just let me know and send it back
• Order a ring sizer for $3 HERE . Ships for FREE!
•SMALL fits up to a 5.75-inch wrist
•MEDIUM fits up to a 6.25-inch wrist
•LARGE fits up to a 6.75-inch wrist
•EXTRA LARGE fits up to a 7.25-inch wrist
•ADJUSTABLE Up to 7.25-inch wrist
TO CLEAN : Use soap and water with a tooth brush in a circular motion or a polishing cloth.
Each piece has an oxidized finish. Well loved and frequently worn pieces will actually get BRIGHTER as you wear them.
Looking for the best option? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can send the piece back and I will send it back fully restored.
Bronze and sterling silver styles ship in 3-5 business days.
Gold Vermeil and Fine Jewelry may be made to order and can take up to 4 weeks to ship. Please send an email to email@example.com for an exact ship date.
All packages are shipped USPS first class mail, with tracking, but you will be able to choose UPS or local pickup/delivery at checkout.
Each order is packaged with love in a oatmeal colored kraft paper box with collection and brand cards inside and tied with a ribbon. Most orders come in a recylcable padded mailer.
I want you to love and wear your jewelry and will work with you to make sure it is exactly what you want.
Standard orders can be returned for a full refund within 15 days of purchase, after that you will receive store credit.
We Also Recommend
I have a vast collection of tree trunk arts earrings but I think this was my first set! Still beautiful after all these years; they are light and shiny in my dark hair. I love that I know their back story and that ash trees are disappearing, so these could be rare some day!
My first pair of Collyn's earrings, (purchased at Art in the Park in Birmingham, Michigan, Mother's Day weekend 2019) continue to be one of my favorite tree trunk arts' designs. The earrings are light, perfectly weighted and organic. . Collyn manages to create a subtle variation in each earring,, capturing nature's unique sense of artistry with an attention to detail, both impeccable and whimsical at the same time. . The love and skillful attention she brings to each design is a mediation inspired and infused by a deep connection to the natural world.
I love the movement on these earrings! The length as well. I am a lover of nature all thanks to my mother who was a biologist. She would gather us all up, cousins, bothers and sisters and take us for walks in the woods when we were on vacation. My mother would talk about everything from birds to plants and instilled conservancy of all living things. I save seeds as these that Collyn preserves in her jewelry. I use them in my encaustic work but to preserve in jewelry! That is a true treasure. Thank you for bringing nature to adorn us and keep forever!