A few ways to find your ring size and get your perfect fit for the ring your heart desires.
silver tree bark necklace: large
Bark collected from cabin fire woodpiles and fallen trees across Michigan. Brutalist in texture with bold abstract shapes make this a great staple necklace. Has a nice weight to it. Cast from the actual plant in solid recycled metal preserving the unique nature of each plant to make truly true-to-nature jewelry.
- 2 inches cast
- fixed to a chain
- 30-inch heavy chain with a lobster clasp and large ring
Please note: Due to the one-of-a-kind nature of the medium, exact colors and patterns may vary slightly from the image shown.
Each piece is cast from the actual plant in solid bronze or sterling silver.
• Bronze pendents on rhodium plated chain with clasp
• Silver pendants on sterling silver chain with clasp
• Gold Vermeil pendants on gold plated chains with a spring clasp
• Rings on sterling silver ring band
• Earring posts and hooks are sterling silver or gold plated
• A thick coat of 14k Gold plated over cast Sterling Silver.
• Please specify the chain length in your order
• all chains for bronze pendents are a 1.4mm rhodium plated chain with a lobster clasp
• 16 and 18 inch sterling silver chains are a 1.3 mm delicate sterling silver chain with spring clasp
• 20, 24, and 30 inch sterling silver chains are a 1.5mm sterling silver chain with a small lobster clasp
• adjustable and custom lengths are available- just add it to your order note
• Update your chain HERE
• Sizes 3-14 listed
• Whole and half available, make custom sizing request in the order notes
• One free resizing is included in ring order, just let me know and send it back
• Order a ring sizer for $3.50 HERE . Ships for FREE!
•SMALL fits up to a 5.75-inch wrist
•MEDIUM fits up to a 6.25-inch wrist
•LARGE fits up to a 6.75-inch wrist
•EXTRA LARGE fits up to a 7.25-inch wrist
•ADJUSTABLE Up to 7.25-inch wrist
silver tree bark necklace: large
How do I care for my piece?
To clean, apply a paste of baking soda and water with a toothbrush in a circular motion.
Each piece has an oxidized finish. Well loved and frequently worn pieces will actually get BRIGHTER as you wear them. To maintain the finish, avoid wearing in the water or with sunscreen, lotion, or perfume. DO NOT use commercial jewelry cleaning solutions. To prevent unwanted tarnishing, store away from moisture.
Is there an actual twig in there? Is it dipped in metal?
No, the actual plant or object is not inside the piece. I cast the pieces in solid bronze or sterling silver, they are not dipped, painted or plated. The casting process allows for the forms to live on. They have a noticeable weight to them and are made to last!
What is the casting process?
The plant parts are put into a wet plaster then the plaster mold goes into a kiln for 8+ hours, burning out the plant material to create a mold. Molten metal is centrifugally thrown into the mold creating a solid metal model to be then transformed into ready to wear jewelry.
In stock pieces ship next day.
Regular collection ships in 3-5 days.
Gold Vermeil and Fine Jewelry may be made to order and can take up to 4 weeks to ship. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for an exact ship date.
Eco Friendly Wrapping
Comes wrapped in a lovely eco friendly jewelry box and tied with raffia ribbon in a recyclable padded mailer.
Because who doesn't like unwrapping presents.
Returns and exchanges
I want you to love and wear your jewelry and will work with you to make sure it is exactly what you want.
Holiday Season returns and exchanges are excepted until January 15th, 2022.
Made from botanicals
True-to-nature is more than a mantra, it is the why and how behind every piece I make. Each piece of jewelry is created from a once living elements- an ash seed, a succulent rosette, a chestnut twig. An exact replica is made by casting, pouring molten metal into a one time use mold of the plant.
I'm Collyn, the one woman show that is tree trunk arts. It all started in 2009 while getting a degree in Jewelry and Metalsmithing. I discovered that found object casting combined my love of collecting bits of nature with fire and metal.
Handmade in Detroit
Plant specimens are collected on my travels across the US, but the magic happens at home in Detroit, down in a basement studio filled with tools, plants, and daydreams.
Mother's Day is right around the corner and we are faced with the age old question...what to get the mothers in your life? succulent necklace: leaf small peperomia -...
As trees are so near and dear to what I do I have partnered with ONE TREE PLANTED, in a one for one tree planting program with every E Newsletter sign up and...